Features of Onset and Clinical Course of Reactive Arthritis in Children
Keywords:reactive arthritis, onset, clinical course, childhood
Objective: to identify the characteristics of the onset and clinical course of reactive arthritis in children at the present stage.
Material and methods. 81 children with reactive arthritis aged from 2 to 18 years have been examined. During specification of nosology of articular pathology we used clinical, conventional laboratory and instrumental investigations, identified specific antibodies to Chlamydia, Mycoplasma, Yersinia, Ureaplasma, Cytomegalovirus, Herpes simplex virus, Epstein — Barr virus by ELISA.
Results. Reactive arthritis of chlamydial etiology is characterized by lesion of large and medium-sized joints of the lower limbs, which is often accompanied by short-term morning stiffness and rapid onset of transient hypomyatrophy. Reiter’s disease may develop rarely. Mycoplasma-induced reactive arthritis is characterized by debut with arthritis of knee, ankle, wrist and small joints of the hand, the development of bursitis and hypomyatrophy. Feature of Ureaplasma arthritis is the formation of bursitis in the heel and tendinitis. Reactive arthritis associated with elevated titers to antistreptolysin O differs with polymorphism of articular syndrome manifestations and, to some extent, of similarity with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Unspecified reactive arthritis has a number of the general features with others reactive arthritis and it is characterized by rather benign clinical course, long preservation of joints function and low laboratory activity. Relapse rate of reactive arthritis increases with an increase of duration of illness.
Жолобова Е.С. Реактивные артриты у детей — диагностика и лечение / Е.С. Жолобова, Е.Г. Чистякова, Д.В. Дагбаева // Лечащий врач. — 2007. — № 2. — С. 57-60.
Sieper J. Report on the fourth international workshop on reactive arthritis / Sieper J., Braun J., Kingsley G. // Arthritis and Rheumatism. — 2000. — Vol. 43, № 4. — P. 720-734.
Мешков А.П. Диагностика и лечение болезней суставов. — Н. Новгород: НГМА, 2003.— 176 с.
Педиатрия: национальное руководство: В 2 т. — М.: ГЭОТАР-Медиа, 2009. — (Серия «Национальные руководства»). — Т. 1. — 1024 с.
Агабабова Э.Р. Критерии диагноза реактивных артритов (проект) / Э.Р. Агабабова, Н.В. Бинчук, С.В. Шубин и др. // Науч. практ. ревматология. — 2003. — № 3. — С. 82-83.
Copyright (c) 2013 I.S. Lebets, N.O. Panko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.