The risk prediction of acute simple bronchitis’ prolonged duration in children
Keywords:acute simple bronchitis, children, forecasting of prolonged duration, risk factors
Background. Factors and mechanisms for the formation of a long course of acute simple bronchitis in children today are unknown finally. The participation of a big number different factors, including clinical, laboratory immunological indicators, is described. The purpose of the study: identifying informatively significant clinical-anamnestic, laboratory and immunological risk factors for the long-term course of bronchitis in young children, as well as the creation of a mathematical model for predicting the likelihood of developing this situation. Materials and methods. We’ve examined 122 children aged from 1 to 6 years old with acute simple bronchitis who were at the examination and treatment in the infectious department of the Dnipropetrovsk municipal clinical hospital №1. Results. Risk factors were determined and a mathematical model for predicting the development of long-term course of acute simple bronchitis in children was created. Prognostic significance has been obtained: the body weight of the baby at birth is more than 3.7 kg, mother's smoking, background conditions such as perinatal CNS and chronic tonsillitis, low-grade body temperature, duration of fever over 4.7 days, and levels of g-interferon and a-defensins in the oropharyngeal fluid. Conclusions. The obtained results have shown that the development of the long course of acute simple bronchitis in children is influenced by clinical-anamnestic, laboratory and immunological factors. The given mathematical model of forecast can be used in the practical activity of family physicians and pediatricians.
Ministry of Нealth of Ukraine. Order on January 13, 2005 № 18. On Adoption of Protocols for the Provision of Medical Aid to Children in the Specialty Pediatric Pulmonology. Available from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0018282-05. Accessed: January 13, 2005. (in Ukrainian).
Marushko YuV. Zahvorjuvannja organiv dyhannja u ditej. Nevidkladni stany v dytjachij pul'monologii': navchal'nyj posibnyk [Diseases of the respiratory system in children. Emergency conditions in pediatric pulmonology: educational manual]. Kyiv; 2013. 216 p. (in Ukrainian).
Ivahno OP, Koziarin IP, Chorna VV, Mahniuk VM. The dynamics of the health status of child population in recent years of reforming of medical branch in Ukraine. Zbirnik naukovih pracʹ spivrobitnikiv NMAPO imeni PL Supika. 2015;24(3):447-454. (in Ukrainian).
Abaturov AE, Agafonova EA, Gerasimenko OV, Krivusha EL. Vvedenie v immunologiiu infektsionnogo protsessa dlia pediatrov i vrachei obshchei praktiki - semeinoi meditsiny [Introduction to the immunology of the infectious process for pediatricians and general practitioners - family medicine]. Kyiv; 2012. 1-172 pp. (in Russian).
Smiyan OI, Grinishyn VV. Acute bronchitis in the structure of respiratory system diseases at babies and some aspects of rational antibacterial therapy. Vіsnyk SumDU. Medycyna . 2008;(2):6-15. (in Ukrainian).
Tatochenko VK. Bolezni organov dykhaniia u detei: prakticheskoe rukovodstvo [Diseases of the respiratory system in children: a practical guide]. Moscow: Pediatr; 2012. 480 p. (in Russian).
Maidannik VG, Emchinskaia EA. Klinicheskie rekomendatsii po diagnostike i lecheniiu ostrykh bronkhitov u detei s pozitsii dokazatel'noi meditsiny [Clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute bronchitis in children from the perspective of evidence-based medicine]. Kyiv; 2014. 56 p. (in Russian).
Dvoirin VV, Klimenkov AA. Metodika kontroliruemykh ispytanii [Methods of controlled tests]. Moscow: Meditsina; 1985. 144 p. (in Russian).
Copyright (c) 2019 O.O. Ahafonova, N.M. Tokarieva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.