Main Article Content
The paper covers a problem of recurrent respiratory infections (RRI) in children. Their description, risk factors, diagnostic algorithm have been dwelt. A special attention is paid to the treatment. An optimal antibiotic in RRI of bacterial genesis is a high-dose amoxicillin/clavulanate (registered as Augmentin™ ES in Ukraine), the efficacy of which is 94.6–96.3 % according to different data.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.
Альбицкий В.Ю., Баранов А.А. Часто болеющие дети. Клинико-социальные аспекты. Пути оздоровления. — Саратов, 1986. — С. 45.
Arden K.E., McErlean P., Nissen M.D., Sloots T.P., Mackay I.M. Frequent detection of human rhinoviruses, paramyxoviruses, coronaviruses and bocavirus during acute respiratory tract infections // Journal of Medical Virology. — September 2006. — Vol. 78, № 9. — Р. 1232-1240.
Ballow M. Approach to the patient with recurrent infections // Clinical Review in Allergy and Immunology. — April 2008. — Vol. 34, № 2. — Р. 129-140.
Bellanti J.A. Recurrent respiratory tract infection in paediatric patients // Drugs. — Vol. 54, Suppl. 1. — Р. 1-4.
Bloomberg G.R. The influence of environment, as represented by diet and air pollution, upon incidence and prevalence of wheezing illnesses in young children // Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology. — April 2011. — Vol. 11, № 2. — Р. 144-149.
Bousquet J., Fiocchi A. Prevention of recurrent respiratory tract infections in children using a ribosomal immunotherapeutic agent. A clinical review // Pediatric Drugs. — December 2006. — Vol. 8, № 4. —
Champi C. Primary immunodeficiency disorders in children: prompt diagnosis can lead to lifesaving treatment // Journal of Pediatrics Health Care. — January-February 2002. — Vol. 16, № 1. — Р. 16-21.
Couriel J. Assessment of the child with recurrent chest infections // British Medical Bulletin. — March 2002. — Vol. 61, № 1. — Р. 115-132.
Daele J.J. Chronic sinusitis in children // Acta Otorhinolaryngol. Belg. — 1997. — 51(4). — 285-304.
Dagan R., Klugman K.P., Craig W.A. et al. Evidence to support the rationale that bacterial eradication in respiratory tract infection is an important aim of antimicrobial therapy // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. — 2001. — 47. — 129-40.
De Martino M., Balloti S. The child with recurrent respiratory infections: normal or not? // Pediatric Allergy and Immunology. — 2007. — Vol. 18, Suppl. 18. — Р. 13-18.
De Vries E. Immunological investigations in children with recurrent respiratory infections // Paediatric Respiratory Reviews. — March 2001. — Vol. 2, № 1. — Р. 32-36.
Dellepiane R.M., Pavesi P., Patria M.F., Laicini E., Di Landro G., Pietrogrande M.C. Atopy in preschool Italian children with recurrent respiratory infections // La PediatricaMedica e Chirurgica. — July-August 2009. — Vol. 31, № 4. — Р. 161-164.
Don M., Fasoli L., Gregorutti V., Pisa F., Valent F., Prodan M., Canciani M. Recurrent respiratory infections and phagocytosis in childhood // Pediatrics International. — February 2007. — Vol. 49, № 1. — Р. 40-47.
File T., Garau J., Jacobs M.R. et al. Pharmacokinetically enhanced amoxicillin/clavulanate 2000/125 mg in the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, including penicillin-resistant strains // Program and Abstracts of the Forty-first Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, San Diego, CA, USA, 2003. Abstract 303. — Р. 84. Infectious Diseases Society of America, Alexandria, VA, USA.
Garau J. Performance in practice: bacteriological efficacy in patients with drug-resistant S.pneumoniae // Clin. Microbiol. Infect. — 2004. — 10 (suppl. 2). —28-35.
Ghezzi M., Silvestri M., Guida E., Pistorio A., Sacco O., Mattioli G., Jasonni V., Rossi G.A. Acid and weakly acid gastroesophageal refluxes and type of respiratory symptoms in children // Respiratory Medicine, ahead of print. — 2011.
Goldsmith A.J., Rosenfeld R.M. Treatment of pedatric sinusitis // Pediatr. Clin. North. Am. — 2003. — 50. — 413-426.
Graham M.H. The epidemiology of acute respiratory infections in children and adults: a global perspective // Epidemiologic Reviews. — 1990. — Vol. 12, № 1. — Р. 149-178.
Gruppo di Studio di Immunologia della Societ? Italiana di Pediatria. Le infezioniri correntinel bambino: definizione ed approccio diagnostico // Rivista di Immunolgia ed Allergologia Pediatrica. — 1988. — Vol. 2. — Р. 127-134.
Hoberman A., Dagan R., Rosenblut A. et al. (2003). Extrastrength amoxicillin/clavulanate (A/C-ES) vs azithromycin (AZI) for acute otitis media (AOM) in children // Abstracts of the Forty-third Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Chicago, IL, 2003. Abstract G-459. — Р. 279. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, DC, USA.
Howel D., Webster S., Hayes J., Barton A., Donaldson L. The impact of recurrent throat infection on children and their families // Fam. Pract. — 2002. — 19 (3). — 242-246.
Jartti T., Lee W.M., Pappas T., Evans M., Lemanske R.F., Gern J.E. Serial viral infections in infants with recurrent respiratory illnesses // European Respiratory Journal. — August 2008. — Vol. 32, № 2. — Р. 314-320.
Jung T.T.K., Hanson J.B. Classification of otitis media and surgical principles // Otolaryngol. Clin. North. Am. — 1999. — 32. — 369-383.
Karmaus W., Dobai A.L., Ogbuanu I., Arshard S.H., Matthews S., Ewart S. Long-term effects of breastfeeding, maternal smoking during pregnancy, and recurrent lower respiratory tract infections on asthma in children // Journal of Asthma. — October 2008. — Vol. 45, № 8. —
Klein J.O., Teele D.W., Pelton S.I. New concepts in otitis media. Results of investigations of the Greater Boston Otitis Media Study Group // Adv. Pediatr. — 1992. — 39. — 127-156.
Kowalska M., Kowalska H., Zawadzka-Glos L., Debska M., Szerszen E., Chmielik M., Wasik M. Dysfunction of peripheral blood granulocyte oxidative metabolism in children with recurrent upper respiratory tract infections // International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. — April 2003. — Vol. 67, № 4. — Р. 365-371.
Nystad W., Skrondal A., Magnus P. Day care attendance, recurrent respiratory tract infections and asthma // International Journal of Epidemiology. — October 1999. — Vol. 28, № 5. — Р. 882-887.
Panigada S., Sacco O., Girosi D., Toma P., Rossi G.A. Recurrent severe lower respiratory tract infections in a child with abnormal tracheal morphology // Pediatric. Pulmonology. — February 2009. — Vol. 44, № 2. — Р. 192-194.
Panitch H. Evaluation of Recurrent Pneumonia // Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. — March 2005 — Vol. 24, Issue 3. —
Salami A., Dellepiante M., Crippa B., Mora F., Guastini L., Jankowska B., Mora R. Sulphurous water inhalations in the prophylaxis of recurrent upper respiratory tract infections // International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. — November 2008. — Vol. 72, № 11. — Р. 1717-1722.
Skeik N., Jabr F.I. Kartagener syndrome // International Journal of Genetic Medicine. — January 2011. — Vol. 4, № 1. — Р. 41-43.
Slatter M.A., Gennery A.R. Clinical Immunology Review Series: An approach to the patient with recurrent infections in childhood // Clinical and Experimental Immunology. — June 2008. — Vol. 152, № 3. —
Teele D.W., Klein J.O., Rosner B. Epidemiology of otitis media during the first seven years of life in children in greater Boston: a prospective, cohort study // Journal of Infectious Diseases. — July 1989. — Vol. 160, № 1. — Р. 83-94.
Vaughan D., Katkin J.P. Chronic and recurrent pneumonias in children // Seminars in Respiratory Infectections. — March 2002. — Vol. 17, № 1. — Р. 72-84.
Wheeler J.G. Evaluating the child with recurrent infections // American Family Physician. — November 1996. — Vol. 54, № 7. — Р. 2276-2282.
Woroniecka M., Ballow M. Office evaluation of children with recurrent infection // Pediatric Clinics of North America. — December 2000. — Vol. 47, № 6. — Р. 1211-1224.